Monday, May 12, 2008

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Slashdot XP SP3 Crashes Some AMD Machines
XP SP3 Crashes Some AMD Machines
Posted by kdawson on Sunday May 11, @10:49PM
from the workarounds-emerge dept.
Windows Bug Microsoft Upgrades
Stony Stevenson alerts us to new information on the XP SP3-induced crashes that we discussed a few days back. Jesper Johansson, a former program manager for security policy at Microsoft, is maintaining an ongoing log and support site for users affected by any of several problems triggered by XP3. Machines using AMD hardware, particularly HP desktops, seem to have several modes of failure; others affect Intel machines.




So I guess it is not ready for my desktop pc yet. :P lame ass microsoft making we user test it for free.




No comments:

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...