Friday, December 18, 2009

Snatch Thief in Action

Well some how my friend shop got robbed or snatched, not sure which word should I use but he lost a cheap nokia phone worth RM100+. But I guess it is a big thing for the snatch thief lol.. anyway here is a recording from the cctv in my friend shop:

 

 

It happened really quick but yes it was funny as I watched the whole thing happened. The promoter left the shop, trying to catch the thief but then realize there was nobody in the shop and came back running to call up my friend and inform him right away… LOL

 

Wikipedia:
In Malaysia and Southeast Asia in general, snatch theft is a criminal act of forcefully stealing from a pedestrian's person while employing rob-and-run tactics. It is typical for two thieves to work together and ride a moped to make theft and escape easier. A person steers the vehicle while another does the act of theft itself. However, some snatch thieves work alone or do not use a motorcycle to rob.

A growing problem in Malaysia, some instances of snatch theft have caused fatalities, when the person holding onto the handbag has been dragged by the motorbike, or through subsequent acts of violence. This, combined with the apparent lack of police control over crime, has prompted outrage among its citizens enough to take justice into their own hands in apprehending thieves.

No comments:

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...