Sunday, April 25, 2010

My house is being RAIDED!!!!

The past few weeks my place is is being attacked by a few colonies of RED ANTS!!! I used to ignore the ant as previously there were only black ants and this small black ants don’t attack me and my family. But this new ant which recently came and raided my home does.

They explored all most every area in this apartment I live here and yes if  I drop some food you see an army of ants on the food in less then 2 minutes. They explore so much place such as my towel which is being hang, used, and well drying it up. But till my cloths all and underwear too!!!! so when I wear it.. just try imagine what happen. Yes.. they bite.. and I can feel the pain…. it is annoying because I can’t do much about this ants.

I found out which species is it.. and it is called Pharoah Ants:

“The pharaoh ant (Monomorium pharaonis) is a small (2 mm) yellow or light brown, almost transparent ant notorious for being a major indoor nuisance pest, especially in hospitals. The origin of this "tramp" ant is uncertain, although favoured alternatives include West Africa and Indonesia. The Pharaoh ant has been introduced to virtually every area of the world including Europe, the Americas, Australasia and Southeast Asia. Pharaoh ants are a tropical species but they thrive in buildings anywhere, even in temperate regions provided central heating is present.”

So since our apartment is very hot I guess it is normal for them to come over here.. Ever since the cyber cafe opened up just below us. All kind of problem has happen, ants started attacking, our water is hot now days with out a heater installed, can’t sleep sometimes because of the heat at night, and what else… I guess the floor is damage too.

My solution is to kill them all at 1 go and yes I found a few useful website. Will try to find the poison by tomorrow hehe

 

Reference:

How to Get Rid of Pharoah Ants

Kill Fire Ants

How to Get Rid of Ants Naturally

3 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

yes.. poison them! =)

Adriel D.K said...

Yes haha

Anonymous said...

watch pinay scandal at TOTNAKAN.COM

watch pinay scandal at TOTNAKAN.COM

watch pinay scandal at TOTNAKAN.COM

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...