Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How to remove Facebook Application

I bet more then half of the Facebook user don’t know how to remove their application. So why would you want to remove it? For my case, getting like over 100 notification asking to accept gift from a application don’t really make me feel happy. Not to mention facebook remove the ignore all or cancel all from this application function. I remember there was such function but have no idea why did they remove it.

Anyway lucky for Facebook user there is a help Center button under account just somewhere on your upper right side of the facebook page. :

fbbz

So just click on Help Center then… you see all kind of stuff there just look for “Facebook Applications and Features" where on the next page you see less stuff. But you would notice the stuff you want is there “Adding, displaying, and removing applications". Removing application is the stuff you be looking for, but this is what they ask you to do:

 

How do I remove or delete an application from my account?

You can remove an application you have allowed from the Applications You Use page. To get to that page, follow these steps:

  1. Go to the Privacy Settings page from the "Account" drop-down menu located at the top of any page on Facebook.
  2. Click the "Edit your settings" link under the Applications and Websites section towards the bottom of the page.
  3. Click on the application you'd like to remove. If you don’t see the application listed, you can find it by clicking the Edit Settings button towards the top right-hand side of the page.
  4. You’ll then see an expanded view of your settings for that application. From here, you can click the "Remove application" link. Once you confirm you’d like to remove the application, it will no longer have access to your data and be removed from your profile, bookmarks, and your Applications and Games Dashboards.

 

Ok so WTF is all those complicated stuff, for real I don't really have a clue. A more easy way is just to click the link “Application you use” and on that page just click the “X” thing you see on the right side of each application and you get a box asking if you want to remove it just look at the step below:

 

accountfb
Click on the X button

removedcalculate
Click on the Remove Button

removesuda
There you go, the annoying applcation is REMOVED!!! Click Okay and continue on with the rest.

 

I have pretty much got annoyed with all the notifications as I could not even find the notification I saw from my email that require me to approve someone who was tagged on the picture I uploaded!!! I might accidently clicked no on the notification or reject.. what ever it is called and yes that.

No comments:

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...