Thursday, January 26, 2012

How to make TM Operator feel dumb

Most Streamyx user by now should know the procedure to file a report if your internet line goes down. My one went down last night around 11pm and was inform that my account is being suspended for not paid. Only problem was, the last month bill was paid already and they have not even issue this month bill. So what is this TM operator talking about?

She could not answer me then advise me to ask the billing department tomorrow morning. So I said good night and yes a bit annoyed but we can’t really do anything about it and went go bed thinking how to start cursing at them tomorrow morning.

As morning arrive, I went to the office and started calling the billing department at 100. Spoke with the operator and she then inform me there is nothing wrong with my account…. (SO WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON?????) I told her off asking why did the tm operator last night told me to call up the billing department. She could not answer and told me she will transfer me to the technical department (They start passing to the right people once you rise up your voice, so do it often!!).

Again it was another lady operator on the phone, I told her the grandmother story from 11pm till the billing operator story and she just kept quiet (seems like she is used of listening to crap). Anyway I gave my username and phone number then she asked back the regular question.

Operator: is your computer connected to a wireless connection or cable?
Me: It is on cable, I tried another new and there is still no connection. The DSL light is stable for both ADSL ROUTER but could not get connected. I checked the log in the router and it said username/password authentication failed says the log.
Operator: ok sir, what windows are you using sir?
Me: (With out hesitation I try saying a non common operating system) I am using Ubuntu a linux operating system.
Operator: Windows Ubuntu sir?
Me: (TRYING HARD NOT TO LAUGH) No, it is a Linux distro called Ubuntu which is a operating system too.
Operator: Ok sir, so you are using Windows Linux Ubuntu?
Me: YES! (Just to make her feel happy so I said yes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Operator: Sir this is your report number “xxxxxxxx” do you need any other assistant sir?
Me: no, thank you.
Hang up.

So moral of the story, try not to ask so much question and just put internet down if someone already did everything including changing modem and still can’t get connected. Just noted down “user streamyx account has a problem” or any other much more easy sentence to understand.

 

Wikipedia Ubuntu:
Ubuntu (ʊˈbʊnt/ oo-boon-too)[5][6] is a computer operating system based on the Debian Linux distribution and distributed as free and open source software. It is named after the Southern African philosophy of Ubuntu ("humanity towards others").[7] Ubuntu is designed primarily for use on personal computers, although a server edition also exists.

No comments:

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...