Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Free and informed media in Malaysia?

So our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak wants to make sure world-class, fact based reporting and a media that is fair and responsible. So he means like the Limbang claim incident? The moment he says something wrong he make sure the local papers don't write anything about it if possible? hm.. I see..

Ok never mind I get what he means. Back to the main point, our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak mention;
“I believe we can move beyond those who offer the journalism of conspiracy theory and rumour,”. Read more

I am trying my hardest to understand what does that sentence means and like really.. does he not understand how does a rumor start? Of cause the opposition may have made it up. Like myself I too can say "Hei you killed him!" write all about it on the internet and yeah it end up something to be talk about in the parliament meeting. I do understand the only reason somebody would do such thing is because he/she did something to them or to someone. Where the enemy may use such weakness to gain some benefit by exploiting the news or even blackmailing. But then again you might just get blown up with a C4 just like the model...

So yes what our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak really means is

Be responsible in reporting
Never tell lies or the real truth
Because
It only undermined public confidence in the political process
or
You be C4'ed

READ ALL ABOUT IT





No comments:

Changing blog layout

It has been a while since I actually did anything to this blog, I don't even know why do I still keep this site updated. Then again sinc...